Wednesday, September 18, 2013

4 Weeks at the MTC!

 Elders' Farnsworth, Burgsma, Pendleton, Elgan



Yes!



Hey everyone!

I cant believe another week has gone by. I guess time flies when you are kept busy. I'm sure you guys are feeling that way as well with everything that is going on at home. Haha so sorry I can't be there to make the treats for Kayla's shower, if I could I would. haha. So thats so exciting that everybody knows about Brandi's bun in the oven! I can't believe there is gonna be another lil one when I get home, and whatever it is it is going to be 1 when I get home! Thats just gonna be weird. But so exciting!

So I did see Conner yesterday, which was lucky. Turns out he is over at West Campus, and he was up at the main campus yesterday at dinner because someone in his district needed an x ray. So it was really lucky I ran into him, but i did and I talked to him for a while and he seems to be doing really good! Hopefully Barbi hears from him today. 

Um so you were wondering what a normal Sunday would be like in the MTC, it is just a lot of studying mixed with sacrament and preisthood meeting. There is a devotional every Sunday night and then we can watch films. They show different films in lots of different rooms, and they are all really great. The best one that they show every Sunday is Character of Christ by Bednar. I bet Josh watched it on his mission (if he had given it by then which I am pretty sure he had) he gave it to the MTC one Christmas day. It is awesome. Mom you would really appreciate parts of it being Relief Society president. So you should somehow find it and watch it! Last sunday we watched The Ministry of President Monson. We watched that before on conference weekend but it was 10x better this time. I could somehow watch it over and over. All it really makes me want to do in life is start a Humanitarian Agency and do humanitarian work for the rest of my life. I would love it. haha.

So I am now the District leader of my district. Its about time they realized I am the best. geeze. haha jkjkjk um you were wondering a little more about my district. There are the 8 of us and Me, Elder Farnsworth, Dansie, and Berg are going to Mexico City East, and Elder Pendelton, Burgsma, Morris, and Gardner are going to Monterrey East. However I know of at least 12 others in the MTC going to Mexico City East. There are now only 2 districts in our zone, and we are the oldest which is weird. 

So about some of the things you noticed, the date on those pics, I didnt take those someone sent them to me so no worries, and no it is very against the rules to wear sunglasses here. haha Partly just because we pretty much have the strictest Branch President in the MTC. haha oh but we love him-not at all. 

But as far as the MTC goes I am not going to fight it because I wouldnt need them that much anyway. 

Thats awesome Regan got her mission call, tell her I say congrats.

Crazy Shawn is home, times flies, tell him I say hi when you go up Sunday!

I still dont have any details about the 30th. I should get them next week. 

Life in the CCM is still really good, all the days are more or less the same, not too many exciting things happening, or to take pics of. But our teaching is going pretty good. We have really great lessons, and not so great lessons. We are learning lots of spanish, but I am at the point where I dont think I can really learn too much more without just immersing myself in Mexico. I really just want to go. I love it here, but I know I am going to love it there way more, and we can actually teach real people, not fake investigators. 

So if you are going to send a package tomorrow, the only things I can think of that I dont have are my Preisthood line of Authority, and a concecrated oil vile. No idea if I spelled that word right. But if you cant get those things thats ok. I cant really think of anything else I need, I am doing pretty good. 

I loved all the letters you guys have sent this past week, they are awesome. There will definitely be some handwrittens this week. 

Well I guess my spritutal though of the week would be that Repentance is not just for sin- we need to constantly be in the repentance process striving to make ourselves better. And for those priesthood holders- Authority is ordained, but power is earned. Earn it! 

Sorry if my email is confusing and not organized but I just make a bunch of notes throughout the week of things you guys say and that I need to talk about, so I just go off of that, so it is definitely not the most organized. Haha. But it has been great hearing from you all! I love you all, and I look forward to hearing more from you all! Crazy I only have one more P-day then I'm out of here! 

Love, Elder Elgan

No comments:

Post a Comment