Monday, July 14, 2014

Hello Hello!

Hello everybody,

This has been a pretty crazy day, I've been super busy doing lots of things, and now I only have about 20 minutes to write y'all so hopefully I can say everything I want to. This week was super difficult. Probably one of the hardest of the mission so far. I was so ready and excited to start this week and do everything and accomplish what our president had asked of us, and apparently Satan knew that I felt that way and put many tough obstacles in our way. We had lots of distractions from the work this week, almost every morning. We didn't start working until 3-4 each day due to interviews with president, zone classes, service projects, and other things. We worked super hard every second we could but I still ended up getting a bit frustrated and overwhelmed. Then I don't know if it was from the service we did, or our running every morning, or both, but my body was just exhausted. One night Elder Rodriguez called me (being AP he does whenever he wants) and said that he felt like he needed to call me. He even read me a letter that I wrote to him when he was frustrated in his last area when we were in the same zone. My own words helped me a ton, and helped me to be grateful in my afflictions, and not wish for them to be over.

There were lots of good things in the week though. My interview with president was really good, he always helps me out a lot. We had a fun family night with a family and they made us crepes and we played spoons that made me think of home. The zone class was really good, even though the zl put me in charge of just about everything for the zone activity we had today. So that was a lot of work. We contacted lots of people this week, and found lots of new investigators which is good. We had an awesome lesson with our inv. Fransisco yesterday. At the beginning I thought we were losing him for good, and I was almost ready to give up on him. But then everything changed when we finally figured out that we weren't really understanding each other. When it all got figured out, he said he was illuminated by the spirit and now knows that he wants to be baptized in August. It's pretty important that they understand what you are saying or it doesn't do any good!

The zone activity was really good today, we were there all day. We did a scavenger hunt type thing with scriptures through the church then the Dominicans from our zone made us food from their country. We made shirts for our zone (I made them) and they turned out pretty good. It was a lot of work but it was fun and it all worked out pretty good. After that we hurried to Walmart, then came here to write, and that's about it.

I wish I had more time to tell you guys more things, but I don't. Next week hopefully I will. This is the last week of the cycle so who knows whats happening next week. I'll know on Monday. Loved hearing from you all, your lives continue very busy just like mine. It's better that way no? I think so. haha. Well I love you all and have a great week!!


Elder Elgan

No comments:

Post a Comment