Monday, July 21, 2014

Happy 11 Months!





Hello dearest everybody,
Well another week has gone by, and this week was a lot better than the last. Cant believe me and Lopez already have 3 cycles here together. Tomorrow is transfers and. . . we still don't know! Ah its killing me. President told us that nobody is gonna know until tonight so that we can all focus on our work today and not waste it all with goodbyes. Having your best friend in the mission being AP has its advantages, but he doesn't know either. haha. Elder Rodriguez had me pretty convinced I was gonna be changed, but today apparently pres was changing a bunch of things at the last minute so who knows! I'm kinda nervous about it actually. . So next week I'll have to let ya know!
Sorry for the crappy email last week, we just didn't have time. But I should have a little bit more time today. :)  I sent a pic from our last district class on Tuesday. I like this district, and it should be changing tomorrow if pres would just tell us already.
We helped a kid named Diego start and fill out his mission papers this week which was exciting. Seems like I was just doing that. Now look how far Ive come. Almost half way done. Crazy stuff.
We did divisions this week which was fun. I went with Elder Jiminez in his area. We put 5  baptismal dates in 1 afternoon! Too bad they aren't in my area. haha. No it was good to get out and work with another elder. I really do like elder Lopez but more that 41/2 months with just one companion would be just a bit much. I like to learn from the way the other missionaries do things. 

We had a crazy lesson with our investigator Rene this week. He has his bap. date for in a couple weeks, but he kinda started to backwards progress. We tried to teach him based off of what he knows, but apparently all we could do was convince him that what he knows is wrong. He thought he believed in the bible until we read some scriptures to support what we were teaching and after was like well I guess I don't believe in the bible then. Its hard with him. I really want him to progress and be baptized though cuz the rest of the family are members. (inactives of course). Everything else is going all right with the rest of the investigators. We are still struggling to help them keep their commitments, like going to church. If I stay here we really need to get things back up and going full throttle again bc I feel like lately the work has been down a bit with the ward members, and with us. Its been a pretty difficult area but I'm grateful for the success that we have had here.
Saturday was ridiculous. Really the only bad day of the week. None of our appointments or plans came through and we were in the street all day. After that day I felt like I had ran 2 marathons. We walked so much, I was so tired. It is so hot here when its not raining, like today, and when its not baking my face off, its wet from all this rain. 

Sunday was really good. We took Rene to the CV. A member of the 70 came and spoke to inv. and recent converts there. While they were in that all us missionaries hung out in the CV. I was with E. Rodriguez most of the time. Tons of us missionaries were there, lots from other missions too. After I got my package from the office! So don't your worry it got here safe and sound. Thanks so much! Much needed. Loved the pics. The nutella lid was all busted off (good thing you put it in a bag) but don't worry I licked it clean. haha Everything else made it.
Today has been good, Ive just been wondering if I'm gonna have changes or not all day. We cleaned the house, got a haircut, went to Walmart, then we had lunch with our stake president as a zone because we met the stakes bap. goals for the month. He gave us hot dogs and cake.
Hmm what else. I feel like I don't really ever have anything new to tell you guys about the food here because I am just so used to it all now. haha One sister made us a Mexican version of a tin foil dinner in a pressure cooker that was pretty durn good. made me think of camping. . speaking of. . have fun in Mormon Bend! Ah I want to go so bad. It makes it a bit easier that nobody else is going either except you mom and dad. Next year I will be there. haha
To answer your question mom, who knows when the Mexico temple will be done. Probably not before I leave which is sad. But who knows. It is planned for next June. But when they remodeled the CV it took a year longer than expected.
Well that about does it for me. So good to hear from y'all, sounds like your all having fun back home which is good. I will let you know next week about what happens tomorrow! AH!
Con mucho amor,

Elder Elgan

No comments:

Post a Comment