Monday, July 7, 2014

A little patience goes a long way


 Hello Dearest Family!



Hope you all had a great 4th of July! That definitely doesn't exist here. Darn. Missed them fireworks. 

Well I certainly didn't have quite the eventful week like you all did, but it was a good one nonetheless. We're still working hard, its raining lots, and I really am loving it here. God sure likes to try my patience though. haha. Just when I think I can't do it anymore, and when I can't see the promised blessings that I am supposed to get when I do my part, God always delivers in the perfect moment.   It's in moments like that that I know God lives and is always watching over me, and he is always bound to deliver what he has promised when we do what he as asked, but when we don't, we don't have that promise.
Things are going pretty good with the investigators. Rene has been struggling a bit since his baptism, but is enduring like a champ. He didn't understand why he didn't get to live with his girlfriend while he was getting his marriage figured out and done, and why he couldn't live with her. But he is so obedient, and he knew that that is the standards that the Lord has set, and sometimes we don't always understand the why, but God does, and he will deliver if we do our part. Adam didn't know why he was offering sacrifices when an angel appeared to him, he just knew that God had commanded it. And that was reason enough for him. That is obedience that we all can learn from. Rene gave such a strong testimony yesterday in church, and seeing his progress has really helped my personal testimony so much. We are teaching lots of other investigators and are getting closer and closer to baptizing every week. Our investigator that was gonna be baptized in 2 weeks moved to Cuernavaca so that kinda stinks.

On Sunday we had Hugo's baptism. He is such an awesome guy. Everything went really well. We have been trying to teach the rest of his family, but it has been a bit difficult. I was a little frustrated on Sunday when a lot of our investigators who promised to go to church didn't go when we went for all of them. I was sitting there just thinking why? I've done my part, why isn't the Lord doing his? Right then I looked back and saw the family of Hugo walk in. It was just one of those moments when my heart was filled with Joy. One of those perfect moment kinda situations.
There were a few frustrations this week, but hey there always is. But this week is gonna be pretty epic. President sent out a letter and for some reason wants every companionship in the mission to baptize on the 10th of August. So this week we have to find 3 new investigators every day, and put 10 bap. dates for that day. I know we can do it, but were gonna have to work hard.
That's about it for the week. Loved hearing about your week, sounded like lots of fun. Definitely a little different 4th this year for everyone. But I love you all, and hope you all have a super great week! Love you all so much.
Love Elder Elgan

No comments:

Post a Comment