Monday, April 14, 2014

Another Good Week


Hello dearest everybody,

Another good week here in the lovely city. This week went by pretty fast, as they all seem to be now days. Things are really starting to pick up here in Industrial and we are having a lot more success which is great to see. It is kind of the opposite of Carrera here because we also seem to have lots of success in the mornings, and not so much in the afternoons. But we are teaching on average 6-8 lessons everyday. Cant complain.

Mexico finally did their daylight savings this past week so now its a lot darker and harder to get up in the mornings, so that's no fun. But it is light until at least 8:00 every night so that's a nice little change.

We now have 15 or more investigators that we are working with and for the most part, everything is going really good! We were planning on having a baptism yesterday but we had some complications so she should be baptized next Sunday, with baptisms the following 2 Sundays as well. We found a few new investigators this week as well. One who's name is Daniel who is really awesome but his house smells like rotten dog dump. He is a philosophy teacher and I got into a fight with him about evolution. He was trying to tell me how yes we evolve from the apes but also from Adam and Eve, and I was like fool, your more confused than I am listening to this crazy story. So that was fun. I got him pretty straightened out though :) I really do like my ward and area a lot though, so hopefully we cant give it some success that it has been lacking from the missionaries that have been here before us.

We did a few little service projects this week. One we helped a sister who is remodeling her house take down a big tree in her patio that was quite the mess. Elder Lopez got a little too excited and cut his hand with the tree clippers. We also helped one of the few families in this city who have carpet move all their furniture so they could recarpet. I miss things like that. . carpet. . .

We ate with a sister who is from Chiapas Mexico this week. I like trying the different food from the different part of Mexico. Her son in law is a Mexico tour guide, taking tourists all over Mexico for his job. He showed us some videos of Chiapas and it is awesome. Mexico has some amazing places. Not what I was expecting. Makes me wonder why in the heck I am stuck here in the city. haha One day I shall return to all those places. Got my tour guide all hooked up :)

We did have some rough days this week, just a couple. There was times when we just didn't know what to do. We would come back, pray, think of somewhere to go.. and . . nothing. It was a wee bit frustrating but its all good.

We had some good food this week. Hna Bonequi, within the walls of her luxurious modern mansion gave us some frozen oranges filled with ice cream that were pretty dang good. My favorite thing here though has just been the fruit. For some reason here it is just always ripe and so dang good. I loved mangos before the mission but here they are one of my favorite foods. They are better. They have the same kind we have but the good ones are smaller, and yellow. I bought a ton of those today, watermelon, honeydew, papaya, it'll be a good week :) haha

So the bad news of the week is that my ganglion has been driving me up the wall. Its hurting so bad! Don't know what I'm gonna do bout that. . .

Sunday was really good. The Eldas ended up coming to my ward to sacrament meeting just to visit me. haha So it was good to see them. We had a few investigadores in the church which was great to see as well. After church an hermana made us a feast that we ate in the church which was really good. She has been struggling a bit with her life, asked me to give her a blessing. I always dread giving blessing because it is when my worst Spanish comes out. But I felt super good about that one, its hard cuz it is in the informal version of Spanish, and as missionaries we only talk in the formal form so I'm always messing up. But I'm getting there! haha

Today was a really chill day. We didn't do anything on purpose cuz pdays are always just so hectic. We cleaned the house, went to Walmart, did some shoe shopping. E Lopez wanted to buy boots. Like the giant bulky hiking kind. Strange kid. And that's bout it. I don't really have any pics because we haven't really done anything here. haha We did go to Tepito last week which was crazy but I would never take my camera there. I talked for a while with 2 guys who just got deported from the US. One was like 300 lbs and covered in holy death tattoos and who knows what else. He was pretty scary looking, but he liked me. We talked in English for a while. When someone invites you to a strip club with them you know your pretty good friends :) haha Maybe next pday. . .

Well that's about it for, me looked like you guys had a super good week! Early Easter looked super fun. That is hilarious that Max and Sadie are in soccer, I would love to see that. I want to see a video. haha. Mom I have already written you but happy birthday once again! Have a super great day. Nixon happy late birthday! Loved the cake, I'm gonna need a copy of that pic of Nixon, hilarious. Brand that's exciting the baby is getting so close! Yes you must hold him in until May, May babies are the best kind :) haha

Well I love you all, have a great week, you're all in my prayers, and I'll send ya some pics from the club next week. haha. . . ya. .

Elder Elgan :D


No comments:

Post a Comment