Monday, April 7, 2014

Getting into the Groove


Hello Hello!

Well this week was a pretty good week, went by pretty fast! I'm getting into the groove of things here in my new area. We have more and more success every week which is good. Our house is still having water problems with is annoying but its all good. You wanted more info on Elder Lopez so he is from Cornovaca Mexico, like 2 hours from here. He has 5 months in the mission and yes I'm senior companion.

So I did get the package and am thoroughly enjoying it. haha thanks so much for all the Easter treats love them.

We had a super good zone meeting on Tuesday. I really realized that when I do things, I like to do a good job, including the mission. It's so hard, and easy to slack off and be lazy like so many people do, but I know that's not why I'm here. I try to be better and repent of my wrong doings everyday. I really want to look back on my mission and be proud of what I did.

We had divisions with the other elders in my district this week. I went with Elder Lopez (the other one) to his area. It was a rough day haha but whatever, I'm over it.  

Everything is going good with the investigators. We should have baptisms every week for the next few weeks. Its been a while since this area has seen a baptism. haha. But idk, cuz our investigator Jessica who is supposed to be baptized this week broke up with her BF who was the one who introduced us to her and brought her to the appointments in the church and everything, so who knows how that's gonna work out. We are also finding lots of new people to teach everyday so that is awesome.

So the highlight of the week was most definitely conference. Loved it! I have really developed a love for conference here in the mission. For our stake it was in a church kind of far away so we had to take the metro like 50 times going back and forth between sessions. The 2 sessions Saturday we watched in Spanish and I understand most of it but it is kinda easy to zone out. We watched the priesthood session in English in a little room and it was by far the best session of the five. Loved some of those talks. Sunday we watched it in English as well which I was glad for, because it is so different when it is not their voices. In between sessions Sunday every ward had their little Mexi picnic outside which was fun. The food was all right. I was really sad  when conference was over, I wanted more of it. I learned tons of things, and I wish I had my notes with me to share them but I forgot. oh well. That's cool that you guys got to go, I was wishing I could have been there.

Hope you get feeling better Dad, that's no fun. Hopefully everything goes well with the surgery! Maybe you will be able to smell the skunks after :)

Well 1 year since the mission call this week! Doesn't seem too long ago right? A lot has definitely happened in between. Bayler emailed me and said he got his call to Santiago Chile! Leaves in August, so he is exactly one year behind me. So that's awesome.

Happy birthday baby Nixon!! Well I guess your not such a baby anymore, 2 years old. Crazy stuff. I guess the birthday season is started, with a birthday about every week for the next 2 months. haha Mother I guess I will talk to you next week on your birthday! Buy lots of good presents this week. Like a bear lake cabin and a new car :) that would be a good start for a 50th birthday :) 

Well I think that's about it for the week. I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder Elgan


I forgot to mention today in the letter. We went to Tepito! That giant black market place. It is pretty crazy! It is HUGE. Anything you could ever want is in there and super cheap. so that was fun. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment