Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Lots of Changes!



Guillermina's baptism 


Goodbyes in some members/converts houses






Our last district classes in Estrella




Good bye Victoria :(

Hello Dearest Family,

Well a whole lot has sure happened since the last time I wrote a week and a half ago. My last week in Victoria was really good, I am going to miss that ward a ton, I really grew to love it and a lot of the people there. It was hard to say goodbye. We finished off good with the baptism of Guillermina. The mom of Vivana that we baptized last week. That was awesome, she was super excited, and I baptized her. I'll send the pics. It was hard to saw goodbye to some members there, especially the converts. When you serve the children of God, you sure learn to love them. I can most definitely say that I left that area and ward a whole lot stronger than I found it, so that feels really good. 

So the big news is that I had some serious changes. haha. I came to the Ecatapec zone, which is the farthest away. I'm in the state of Mexico now, not the Distrito Federal. Its SO different. I was so nervous when I knew I was coming here. I had avoided it 18 months, but couldn't any longer. The state of Mexico is just far away, more dangerous, more expensive, and just not that fun. haha. My area is called Americas. It is such a challenge opening a new area, like I did in Industrial. The other elders left us a few people and investigators to visit, but not much. The streets, and the addresses are all so different here that I feel so lost. And to top it all off, I'm training! Yep, I got a greenie. His name is Elder De la Cruz. He is from Tabasco, Mexico, but lived in Mexicali. He is 21. I'm district leader now and our district is pretty big. I receive more reports now than I did as zone leader in my small zone. haha. Ahhh its all just so overwhelming I don't know what to think. I have to be a good example and train my comp really good but its so hard when I don't even know what I am doing here. Our house is pretty nice I guess, but not as good as the house in Victoria. But oh well. It is gonna take some time to get use to all of this, but I know I'll get there. Yesterday and today have been really hard for me trying to take it all in and sometimes I just feel like I can't take it any longer. I know that the Lord has given me this test for something, and I know that he just wants me to learn and grow. But its hard. I just have to rely on him a lot and just always be praying so that he can give the strength to keep going. I hope you all can keep me in your prayers so that I can keep going and feel a bit better here. Its gonna be a slow couple of weeks. Hope I make it. 

Everything sounds good at home, everyone is sure keeping busy. Can't believe that I will have 18 months in the mission this Saturday. Crazy. It passes so fast, but it seems like its been forever since I've been home. Only about 5 months left. Its bittersweet to think about. The mission has definitely been the biggest test of my life, and the most difficult thing I've ever done. That being said, it is definitely the most rewarding. Its amazing to see that the Lord always wants us to be better and is always preparing the way so that we can be better people. I know he doesn't put any tests in our way that we can't overcome. 

I hope everything continues to go well at home, love you all, miss you all, and hope you all have a super great week. 

With all my love,
Elder Elgan


No comments:

Post a Comment