Monday, February 23, 2015

18 Months :)



Here are some pics of my house








Hola Familia!

Well time continues to fly, and I have more than 18 months in in mission! Crazy! Every month just goes by faster and this week we will be in March. The last 6 months of the mission should be the best, because you supposedly know what you're doing, you have lots of experience, and it's the best time to work the hardest and have the most success! I'm excited, I feel like I have learned so much on my mission so far, and I cant wait to see what these next 5 months have in store for me. 

Things are a little better here in my area. We got familiar with our area, met lots of members, and I don't feel quite so lost anymore. Its so weird being so far away but when I don't think about that, I really like my area. It is pretty nice, and has 4 distinct parts. Americas, which is where we live is the nicest part. There are tons of private drives and nice houses. Hardest to work in though. Another part is called Jardines. Its about like what all my other areas have been, not that nice, just average Mexico City, and 2 parts that are called Laguna and El Salado. Those 2 parts are sketchy and kinda dangerous. It is all dirt roads, and pretty poor. There are lots of awesome members in our ward with money that say they are good take us out to nice restaurants like italiannis and what not for when  its their turn to feed us so I'm looking forward to that. haha Yesterday we ate dinner 3 times because our appointments at 6, 7, and 8 have us dinner that we were not planning on. So that was fun. haha I'm gonna get fat here. 

It is such a challenge opening an area, and the old elders didn't leave us much work, but we have been able to contact lots of people, and have found lots of new investigators and future baptisms. With another week or two I should be back to normal and we will start to see the fruits of our labors. Everything is going good with my comp, he is pretty quiet but we get along good, He, being my son does everything I say so its pretty easy to get along with the people that obey haha. Its crazy because basically nobody in his family are members, and hasn't seen his parents for 4 years! Its gonna be 6 when he gets back, because he was living in Mexicali for 4 years before and never saw them. He should be a good missionary. 

It has been super hot here lately, I'm dying. We are starting the hot summer season here now and so that should be fun. 

Our ward is pretty weak, there were only about 40 people in church on Sunday. There is a ton of work to do, and I can already tell that the members here have lots of confidence in us because the last elders here didn't really gain their confidence if you know what I mean. I'll probably only be here 2 or 3 cycles but I'm excited to see what we can accomplish with this ward in the time that I'm here. 

Everything sounds good at home, everyone sure sounds to be enjoying the vacation life. Mom and Dad have fun in St. Kitts this week, and hope you have a super happy birthday Dad! Send pics! 

Well thanks everybody for your thoughts and prayers, I hope you all have a super great week! Talk to y'all in March! 

Love Elder Elgan




No comments:

Post a Comment