Sunday, November 9, 2014

Happy November!




 I finally made special K bars! :D

Well Hello Again!

Well this week went by pretty darn fast, as they all do, and it was a pretty good one. Halloween and Day of the Dead here was just a blast, not really. haha They have developed a lot of the American traditions here but the main holiday is the 1 of November, when everyone goes trick or treating. This country is just wicked and almost every single costume I saw was of the devil, or wife of the devil, or little kids with knives and blood, it was just pleasant. I just wanted to see a cute little kid in a pumpkin, but no they even had babies dressed up as Chucky. The big Mexican tradition for day of the dead is they always put out pics of their dead family members and friends and put out all the things they liked as an offering and they come back from it. So everyones' tables are always full of food and good stuff but nope I can't eat it cuz its for the dead people. The work was a little difficult this weekend due to all the partying that was going on, but oh well we made it through. 

I went on divisions with a new elder in our zone that just got here 2 weeks ago, Elder Guerra. The new missionaries are always so excited and ready to work I love it. It seems like yesterday that was me, crazy I have less than 9 months left. 

We did a lot of contacting this week which was good, and we found various new investigators. I still don't like contacting that much, but I'm getting better and more comfortable with it as time goes on. 

We had our leadership council thing with all the zone leaders again and it was really good. They are long trainings but there are always so many new things to learn. All the ZLs and Sister coordinators we are going to make a choir for when they turn on all the Christmas lights on the temple the 30 of Nov. So we practiced a bit and that was fun. 

Yesterday we had a good lesson with an atheist. 99.9% of the people we teach say that they already believe in God and in Jesus Christ, so I like it when we find those people to teach. It really is a test of your own faith to teach that God exists to someone who denies it. I can't imagine a life without a faith and hope in God and Christ. If we didn't have one, there would be no reason to live. When we know it we know that we are here for a reason, to be tested, and if we do all that God has commanded us to do we will return to live with him and our families for all eternity. And he has given us the blessing to be able to pray, talk with him, not just to him in any moment. He hears, answers, and blesses those with the faith enough to put it to the test. I am SO grateful for the life I have had in this gospel and the faith I have developed in God and in Christ, who knows where I would be or what I would be without it. 

To answer your questions Dad there are 11 zones in my mission, 9 stakes. When I was talking about changes I was talking about that Elder Chacon will have changes. And now that I'm thinking about it, my pday the week of changes will be on Wednesday, not Monday. It will be that way for the rest of the mission, but just on the changes weeks, just FYI I will write on the 26, not the 24.

Sounds like everything is going good at home, Mom and Dad hope your having fun in Florida! Halloween sounded fun, but I want to see pics not just words! haha. But that should just about do it, I love you all and hope you have a super great week!

Love,
Elder Elgan


No comments:

Post a Comment