Monday, March 23, 2015

Happy Monday!

Hello my dearest family!

Well another great week here in the mission. We are doing really good here in our area and making lots of progress. We have lots of great investigators all of which we have been able to find in the short time we have here. This week we will have our first baptism and we are excited for that. His name is Alberto and is super excited to be baptized. April should be kinda crazy for us to schedule baptisms and what not with general conference, stake conference, Semana Santa (holy week- huge here in Mexico when all them crazies go even crazier and everyone is on vacation). We should have bap dates every week, but were gonna have to work around all the craziness but it should be good. Were excited and have lots of work. 

Everything is going good with my comp, hes a really good person and has been through so much in his life and is going to be such a great missionary I just know it. I think he really likes me and trusts in me so that is really good. 

This weekend was cool because I just had one of those moments when I felt so happy to be here, in my place, and not ever wanting the mission to end. Now that this mission is coming closer to the end, I am just loving it more and more.haha. On Saturday a hermano took us to eat and a really nice steak/arrachera restaurant with his wife that's not a member. They have been separated for 2 years but haven gotten the divorce. She has never wanted to join the church, but through some simple things during the lunch she gained lots of confidence in us and asked me what they should do. I quickly explained about the gospel, families, temples,and their divine potential together. I felt good about it, but it wasn't too special. But the next day in church this hermano said that after we left she began to cry and said that she felt something really special when I was talking and after. He told me that what I did in 2 minutes was what he has been trying to do for 2 years. Thanks to the SPIRIT. Now she wants to listen to us again, and who knows maybe a future baptism :) So that was a good experience. I felt happy to know that I was in the mission, in tune with the spirit, and in the right place at the right time. 

Tomorrow President Anaya is coming with us to do visits, so I'm kinda nervous about that so hopefully everything goes good. Gonna need that spirit. haha.

The weather has been really good here recently,not too hot, not too cold,and a little rain. Its been quite pleasant to work. 

Everything sounds great, and super busy at home! That's awesome, its the last week of the transfer so next week I will write on Wednesday, April 1! I got the package this week, and loved it thanks so much! (mother you can activate the card now). So much is happening at home, and the whole Elgan family just seems to be getting married or having babies this year so that's cool I guess. Hope everything continues to go well and that y'all have a great week!

Love Elder Elgan


No comments:

Post a Comment